Welcome to the Market Theme online demo. (For full information, visit the main Market Theme website here.)
“Market” quickly turns WordPress (a free content management system) into an easy to use, fully functional ecommerce store. Market helps takes the “technical” out of setting up and operating your own online store.
Now that you’re here, take a look around and interact with this online demo. Here’s a good way to approach it:
- Click on a category to the left, and then click on an sample product to see the product details page. (there’s one named “Example Product” that’s a good one)
- In some of the categories, you may see additional subcategories. Market allows you to categorize products as deep as you desire.
- Next, click on a few other product thumbnails. You’ll see how you have the ability to add up to 4 images per product. You will also see how some product options allow for additional charges, or discounts based on the option.
- Go ahead and add a few items to your Shopping Cart by clicking the “Add to Cart” button to see how that system works.
- Then, go ahead and browse some of the regular text posts by clicking on some links under “More Information” in the left margin. Each excerpt headline is clickable to get to the entire post.
- After you’ve taken a good look around the front end, try logging into the backend administration area to see the management functions. (Read the “How to Add Products” post for more details on that.)
Please note: Since this is a public demo, some administrative functionality is limited. (eg. a “demo” user cannot delete all items, edit some posts, change online demo files, etc.) This is so people cannot go crazy and break or erase this online demo.
When you operate your own copy of Market, you will have ALL administrative privileges and rights, and will be able to modify all of this and more.